Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Post!

Jesus Fulfills My Life!


FML has become a popular but very negative saying in our culture today. For those of you that are not familiar with it, it actually means F*CK MY LIFE. Like many people, I found it really funny and I must admit, i did visit the FML website a few times and giggled at the stories, but I started to realize how horrible it was! It became almost like a "oh my gosh" kind of thing. A reflex slip of the tongue whenever something bad happened. I don't know about yall, but I don't think its a nice thing to say at all :(

Our small group is called JFML - Jesus Fulfills My life. My prayer is that whenever bad things happen, or even good things, rather than saying FML to describe how we feel, we will be able to say JFML instead. Why? Because in every way, according to the Gospel, Jesus really DOES fulfills our lives. & my prayer is that we will be the spark to that fire, and this mindset will spread to our campus & eventually the world!

The purpose of this website is for us to share with one another & even the world about how our lives are fulfilled by Jesus. Its our collection of JFML moments :). It will be a great way to not only stay connected & updated with our small group during the week, but it will also be a great way to reflect on our growth as individuals and as a community group family!

You can write about a struggle, a difficult day, or something awesome that might have happened. You can write about what you enjoy or love, family or friends. Basically almost ANYTHING (appropriate of course). But I do ask of 2 important ingredients that each blog MUST include:

1. Please conclude your entry with a few sentences of how that event/story helps you understand that Jesus Fulfills your life. Even though you may have THE WORST DAY of your LIFE, i'm sure God will find a way to help you understand :)
2. You must also END every blog with: "This is _____, and Jesus Fulfills My Life". I know it may sound corny/cheesy or whatever food you choose to use, but I think writing it, seeing it, and hearing it inside your head, helps you to remember & live it.

I CANNOT wait to read Blog post #2 :) Thank you & I love you all!

This is Sharon, and Jesus Fulfills My Life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Sharon, you r too funny! but yeah fml is bad but jfml is awesome. this site u created is awesome. im so jealous. i wish i thought of it first. haha but yeah im really glad u shared this with us. its so encouraging to see God is really growing ur group. its also been really encouraging to see how much u have grown n how much God has worked in u and still is working in u. i am truly blessed to have a sister like u in my life. n im really blessed to be apart of this awesome temple family. may continue to keep it up. =)
also hopefully, we'll get to hangout soon. take care sis!

your brother in Christ,
Henry S.