Thursday, April 15, 2010

thank you God...

alright so i had a true JFML moment just now... as i was stressing out about the missions to guatemala situation, my sister called me and i explained how i needed a passport in order to go on to missions, but the passport costs over 100 dollars and so i was worried about how she was going to react since i have to get it as soon as possible. but instead of saying anything against it, she just asked about the details of it and said that we can go and get it tomorrow! i had been praying about it, but this was just a moment when i want to get up and praising God because i have no idea if my sister is even a Christian. i would've said that she was the last person i could go for for help on this particular situation because she has been really helping my family out financially so i thought she would be against it. if in this moment she had said that she wouldn't help me with the passport, i would have said that God had closed the door on missions for me and i wouldn't have gone. right now, i'm almost tearing up at the sac writing this because it feels like this is kind of like God saying that He hasn't forgotten me or my family. it's like He's saying for me to keep hope that He is working even when i feel like things are impossible. it gives me hope that maybe it isn't too late for my dad... like it isn't too late for my sisters... that maybe one day we'll all be able to praise God together in heaven. this small moment has given me hope. it's opened my eyes again to my actions and to myself. i will serve God wholeheartedly, i will have hope that He can change the hearts of my family, and i will have hope in His plan for me.

concerning missions, i know that there are going to be hard times before, during, and after, but i am trusting in God on this one. He has opened the door for us and He won't let us down.

concerning jimmy, my brother... i'm sorry for the way i've been acting. i know i haven't given you the respect that i should treat everyone with. your actions and words just get me so frustrated and annoyed at times. however, this does not give me the right to lash out at you. this does not give me the right to hold anything against you. i don't know everything about you, your past, or where God is leading you, but i know that it's not up to me to try and change you to something that i want you to be. i just hope that we can grow together and that maybe in time you'll be able to open up to me because i'm more than eager to learn more about you my friend. please forgive me

at this moment in time, all i have are words of praise for God, He has shown me His strength and goodness for reminding me that nothing is out of His reach even if it might seem that way. He is redeeming everything

this is Richard O and Jesus fulfills my life

God is good all the time :]

Heavenly Father,
i'm sorry my doubts, i'm sorry for my lusts, and i'm sorry for my faults. Lord, i praise you for your goodness, your righteousness, and your mercy God that you would keep my family still on your sights and for reminding me of that. God, through this missions to Guatemala, be glorified through our team. through me Lord. keep my heart in check, keep my lips in check, and keep my sights in check so that they will all seek to glorify you in every single way. Lord, please continue to work in my life for i am nothing without you God. i need your help every step of the way. thank you God for caring for me, so God please work through me for i am here ready to be your hand and feet. i will run for you God, i will run for my brothers and sisters, i will run for my family. be glorified through me God
amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN BROTHA. :)

Sharon Suk said...

Richard, I am always so encouraged by you.

You have such a teachable and humble heart that is eager to learn more about yourself, others, and God. It is so apparent that God loves you so much. He is molding you daily to create you more and more into His image.

I am SO thankful and happy about how your sister is helping you with your passport. I think God is slowly showing glimpse of how He is working for the good of your sisterr, you, and your family. Trust in Him completely, and you will be praising him ceaselessly!

I am also in awe of your courage and humble heart of forgiveness. I am so excited for you brothers to go on missions together this summer.. i just KNOW it's going be awesome :)