Monday, February 8, 2010

JFML

Lately I've been troubled by the fact that people have been approaching me over this year just to talk about spiritual issues or just what's been happening in their lives, but, to me, it seems as if I never have the right answer or the right words to guide them to the right direction. I want to say the words that will help them out or whatever God wants to speak through me, but I feel as though I draw a blank or the words get fumbled in my mouth and doesn't come out the way that I had intended. It seems to me that God is giving me all these opportunities to glorify God by serving others, but I don't have the ability to minister the Word the way I see it in my head. There are even more times when I don't have answers to the questions that I know I should be able to answer. I know that God has already given me some wisdom to the point where I can shallowly give advice to people (though I think [through God's grace] He is helping me grow even more), but if only I have the ability at this moment I would be able to help people along even further... I've been asking for wisdom because I have such little discernment of what to do in certain situations and what to say to people at certain times, but am unable to. Sometimes I fear to say the wrong things or just don't have an answer and fail to minister to people that are asking for guidance from me since they trust me enough to tell me and ask me about their situation.

However, I feel that God is preparing me for future times in which He will use me not to what I seem fit or what I deem to be right, but according to His will. Though I know that I do not have the wisdom to minister to people, I know that God will speak through me when He decides to and that I should depend on His unfailing love and wisdom rather than my own flawed senses.

This is Richard O and Jesus Fulfills My Life

...God is good all the time :]

:::prayer requests:::

2/8/2010 - wisdom to minister to friends and to speak God's truth.

1/29/2010 - vision to see God's will in my life, wisdom to understand it, courage and strength to carry it out, humbleness so that i will remember that all that i do should ultimately be for God's glory and endurance for the times to come. also, please pray for my family because they have not yet seen God's love or sacrifice as real and fail to understand why i follow Christ. one more prayer request is because i'm considering serving and joining Renewal's praise team in the near future, please pray that God will discern what God wants me to do within the church even though i have an inclination towards the praise ministry whether as potential drummer or praise leader

1 comment:

Dear God said...

Dear Richard!

Thank you for updating :) i felt like people already forgot about this blog!

thank you so much for sharing this with us :) believe it or not, as a small group leader, I feel the same way and I totally understand how you feel :)

There were and still are times when I am so worried and afraid because I feel like I didn't do a good job when talking to my friends or leading small group. But before i start to panic, i need to stop myself and look up at God just like you did :)

We are only his tools and instruments. God doesn't really NEED us to do His will but uses us anyway because he is gracious and loving :) And even if we mess up, God will redeem it and use it somehow cause He's just REALLY amazing like that.

Richard, I am SO excited for you! It gives me chills thinking about it. God is going to use you in amazing ways & shine his light through you!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

- Sharon