Monday, February 1, 2010

carbon monoxide

wow it took me so long to figure out how to post LOL anywayssss

first of all, hello everybody hahaa. I'm justin kim from the art institute of philadelphia. last thursday was my first small group but i've wanted to come out since last quarter! (my school does quarters). i'm definitely very very very VERY excited for RCF and more specifically, this small group :D i'm planning on coming pretty consistently so it's ok to fall in love with me like sharon said HAHAH sike nah. k corny..... anyways. here's what happened today......

ok i lied. the story starts yesterday kinda. so i went to sleep yesterday night at about 3am. no class till 12:30 so i was planning on getting some good sleep. little did i know that i would be woken up at 5:30 in the morning by my fire alarm. you guys probably don't need me to explain how annoying that thing can be. but imagine at 5:30 in the morning......yeah...... so anyways, i was very annoyed and considering just staying in bed. i mean, what were the odds that this was legit? my room mate johnny convinced me to get up. i only grabbed my wallet so i'd have my ID on me. so we go down the stairs and we're told to go a couple blocks away to another building. we normally have to just stand across the street. then we start hearing that there was some carbon monoxide leak! like what the....... "the silent killer" hahahaha but anyways. we pretty much walked around the city killing time after that. few hours at the liberty place food court, few at borders, few at a restaurant, and so on. we then find out that we weren't gonna be allowed back into the building all day probably. so we walked around the city for about 11 hours total. LOL and we find out that we're getting hotels. the carbon monoxide was found in the hot water and who knows what else... we were given 20 minutes to pack our necessities in groups of 10 at a time and were told to plan for a couple days at least. we then hike to the hotel and start hearing rumors that this could be for weeks even around a month. while they were looking for the source of the carbon monoxide, they found a bunch of other things wrong with our apt....that's AI for ya! well the hillton hotel, where some of us got rooms, is around 5 blocks more than the already 9 block walk to class...... 15 blocks to get to class?! while carrying my knife kit, in my NOT WARM chef pants....no way. so i gave joyce a call :D and she was kind enough to let me stay at her place at least for the weekdays! im here now....doing what i would be doing anywhere...fb, aim, and fb. LOL but im extremely grateful!
Basically... i had an extremely exhausting, annoying, stressful, tiring day. i don't usually use the term "fml" much but i really felt like it summed up my day. hahah then of course i thought of this. and i decided to think about it again. Though today was poopy, God was gracious enough to give me homies like joyce and sam who are letting me stay here for now! It's really encouraging to see the love we can only get from God, shown in His people! and we can only live in this fellowship and LOVE for one another and for/from God because of what Jesus has done! therefore.... poopy things may have happened today... but even still, i can confidently say God is GOOD!
This is justin kim, and Jesus Fulfills My Life.

(Joyce is like in front of me walking around.....somewhat awkward and funny) THANKS JOYCE! :D

3 comments:

Sharon Suk said...

oh brother justin ~

this was SUCH a fun entry to read HEHE i was so entertained throughout the entire entry. I cannot believe there was a carbon monoxide leak!!!! Thank GOD you're okay tho!! you should def invite us over to your hotel partayyyy. -.-jk

anyways I'm glad you caught yourself from having FML moments & encouraged to see that you can see God through all of this.

you're so cool!!!!! HEHE and i'm more than thrilled to have you in our smoup! :)

rich said...

yeah justin :] you got homies like us even if the day is pooopy haha

Joyce said...

haha you were writing this while I was walking around ^^.

at the moment, I am hoping you are asleep :) but I just think it's funny that God gave me this opportunity to get to know you. I thought it was ironic, because it was literally after I had written on your wall and we had exchanged numbers, telling you to come over anytime. I meant that sincerely, and I'm glad that God could use this crappy time to bring another fellow brother into my home.
You came in exhausted and still in disbelief that it was really the day you had, but despite your hardships, I hope God can use this time to better you and teach you in some way :) I think He has already started :)